Translate

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Welcome to Sixth Grade City

    Welcome back! You've made it! Congratulations to you, on being the first class to attend Free Orchards Kindergarten through Sixth grade.
   This year Mrs. Dessert, Ms. Kolstad, and Mrs Washington are elated to have you join us in "Sixth Grade City." We have a lot of fun activities and learning in store for you this year, so we hope you are well rested and ready to dive in on Tuesday, September 2nd.
    Hopefully you were able to attend Meet the Teacher night to meet us and drop off your supplies. If not, you're in luck! We have put together a few quick autobiographies to let you know a little more about us.
                                                                       
                                                                        Mrs. Dessert



  Welcome back! This is Mrs. Dessert here, ready to rock and roll with another wonderful group of 6th graders. Many of you already know me, (since I was your 3rd grade teacher or even ESL teacher) but for those of you who don't, here's a little more about me. This will be my seventh year teaching, and sixth at Free Orchards. Although I am a Fox... my true heart lies with the Ducks. Throughout the year you will find me sporting my green and yellow and cheering on my team any chance I get. I'm even so crazy that the Duck made an appearance at my wedding last summer. When I'm not teaching or watching a Duck game, I can also be found on the basketball court. I have coached girls basketball for six years, and last year I coached the JV2 team at Glencoe. Roll Tide! I had a great summer traveling around Oregon and Hawaii, but I'm definitely ready to be back at school. I can't wait for all the fun we will have together this year. Sixth Grade City Rocks! 


                                                                      Mrs. Washington




        Hello! My name is Katy Washington and I am so excited to be your 6th grade teacher! Some things about me are that I love to read, I love my dog (her name is Honey) and I love to go to the gym and exercise. One of my favorite places to visit is the beach. Even on cold and rainy days there is something about the sound of the ocean, and the feeling of sand on my feet that is both thrilling and relaxing. Something special that happened this summer was that I got married! After the wedding, my husband and I went to Hawaii and had an amazing time lounging in the sun, swimming in the ocean, snorkeling, hiking and shopping (a few more of my favorite activities). I can’t wait to get to know more about you!


                                                                    Ms. Kolstad



     Welcome to the 2014-15 school year! Sixth grade city is off to a great start. We teachers send complements to all the families and students who are already working hard to make this year a success.

     I’m a teacher of 20 some years and still would rather be in Room 232 than almost anywhere else. But I do love traveling, have visited 10 countries and hope to see more. I enjoy playing the keyboard and writing songs, gardening, reading and going to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment